Saint Paul, Minnesota

I built three hotrods, using a great deal of parts purchased from advanced auto in Maplewood, MN. I had to do a brake job on my truck, so I bought everything from them.

In one month, the right side collapsed on the highway. I hauled it in, and rebuilt it again. Two days ago, the left side did the same thing. I asked them to supply me better parts, for the difference in price.

They said NO. If it isn't broke, they will NOT sell me better parts. So, from this day forward, I will tell every hotrodder I know to stay away from advanced. They lost a customer over 300 dollars in parts, they went out of their way to screw me over sub par parts.

I am in a hotrod association, and I well send a note to every one of them. Jim

Advance Auto Parts Cons: Employee attitude.

• Advanced Auto In Maplewood

Comments

A brake part wouldn't make anything "collapse".

I've seen people put 4WD wheel hubs on a 2WD truck. Those usually don't last long before the entire wheel flies off the truck.

Brakes don't hold anything up.

The calipers are held on by brackets attached to the steering knuckle.

I've seen people lose the bolts on those due to not applying loctite to them like they are supposed to. Still does result in any form of "collapse."

Advance Auto Parts Reviews