Coconut Creek, Florida

June 2010, I bought a battery from Advanced Auto Parts. The battery warranty was a 3/7.

Three years or shorter life, AAP will replace the battery. After that period, AAP will prorate. In September 2014, I went to the store on 441 and Holmberg, Broward County, Florida for the proration. The manager told me:" We don't do that anymore." The advanced Auto Parts website still shows the 3/7 warranty.

When I bought the battery, the clerk assured me that the sale was recorded in the computer and it would be no problem to honor the warranty. I did what I always do. Kept the receipt and recorded the details of that transaction in my automotive log. The manager did not want to look at the receipt or the log.

Cheaters.

Liers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Advance Auto Parts Website.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments

This is true, back in the middle of summer this year, corporate decided to change the warranty on our batteries without any warning and didn't offer us any leeway to appease any customers who previously purchased batteries. Didn't know they didn't change the warranty info on the website though, will email our home office. Sorry about the inconvenience, they could have at least knocked $20-40 off for you.

The longest prorate we have is 2 years, not 5. No fault there