Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1.5K views
2.5

I purchased ceramic brake pads at Advance Auto. I was told this is the only pad that Advance Auto sells that has a one time wear out replacement.

The ceramic pads are significantly more expensive. When I tried to get a replacement I was told only certain ceramic pads carried the warranty and the pads I purchased did not. The manager explained it by saying the employee was new and must have given me the wrong information.

I think this is a poor excuse and as a loyal customer I don't feel I was treated fairly. The customer should not have to pay for Advance Auto's poor training of new employees.

Product or Service Mentioned: Advance Auto Parts Warranty.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Advance Auto Parts Pros: Convience.

Advance Auto Parts Cons: Not being told the truth.

• Ceramic Brake Pads Warranty

Comments

Wagner does not give you a wear out replacement. Only Bendix did, and that was years ago.

Give me your store number and I will email you the correct information. If your GM is offering that, then he or she is throwing money out of the window. All of our pads carry the same "warranty", which is limited lifetime replacement for defects in workmanship or materials, not normal wear and tear. What this means is that if the are truly defective, it is "limited" to a one time replacement for as long as you own the vehicle.

Now, obviously, the GM or MOD has the power to make exceptions if this wasn't explained properly or to keep a good customer coming back. But, for the most part, customers who think this way are usually the ones who try and return everything they buy.

Check their histories and you will see it is common for the people to have $2000 in purchases and $1400 in returns. Send them to AutoZone.

No pads we carry have a wear out warranty. Plain and simple. Warranty is against defects.

@Anonymous

Wagner carries one time replacement against wear and defect.... Wearever only carries defect warranty

@Anonymous

All Advance has to do is put on the brake pad page "LIMITED LIFETIME WARRENTY - DEFECTS ONLY" instead of "Limited lifetime warrenty" It would be a simple fix but advance chooses to confuse the customer.

Advance Auto Parts Reviews