Equipment Quality

I bought a battery about a year ago. I did not have a receipt so I called the store where I got it and I was told they had a record of the sale.

I was also told the battery had a 2 year warranty and to come in to see what could be done. I had roadside assistance send somebody to get my car started. I got to the store an hour and a half later and the clerk I spoke with. Went out to my car to test the battery.

He said it was well within correct working conditions. It was 33 degrees out this morning but the car would not start. The guy said the battery was not charging but it had plenty of amps. So he suggested I go home and see if I have the same problem; if so bring it in and he would replace the battery.

Tomorrow's temp is predicted to be as cold. I ask how he expected me to get back tomorrow if it would not start. His look was oh yah that would be dumb wouldn't it. He said he couldn't do anything else.

Company policy yadda yadda. Please, what is the difference now or then. I told him I will never buy anothr part from Advance.

I left and found the same battery for half price compared to Advance's price. Now I know where I will go for parts from now on.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 05.

Comments

That is their policy. BUT he was willing to change it out if there was an issue the next day which is not policy so you are complaining about that!!!

Maybe it was a fluke, you could have some kind of a draw on it or whatever. He has to do what his test says but he was still willing to work with you.