Derry, New Hampshire

I was given a list of parts to order. I double checked the order before paying.

What was listed as brake shoes was brake pads. Their receipt and shipping invoice clearly stated SHOES. Upon receiving the wrong merchandise, I called customer service. At first they said I had to pay for the return shipping.

I questioned this since it was THEIR error. I then agreed to take the wrong item to the local store for refund. The online clerk told me that my local store did not have the brakes shoes for my car in stock, and I believed her. She then told me my part was $89.

She charged my account and said the item would be sent priority mail. I returned the wrong part to the local store, as agreed, only to discover that the local store did have them in stock, and they were only $23. I purchased the needed brake shoes at the local store and told the online store to cancel my order and complained because of the dishonesty. I received an email stating they had already been shipped and I would receive them on the 9th.

They said that when I received them, to take them back to the local store for refund. That illusive package never arrived, and I have not received my refund. The corporate office is aware of this, has given lots of lip service about how sorry they are this happened, but the bottom line is that I still don't have my refund.

And they keep promising me that in a few days, I will have it...but that day never arrives. Don't order online!

Product or Service Mentioned: Advance Auto Parts Shipping Service.

• Advance Auto Parts Online Store

Comments

You know an easy way to have remedied this? By calling your bank or credit card company to dispute the charges. Not that the information is helpful for the situation you posted, but in case something like this happens again with any company.

What I always recommend customers is to call the store and get the part numbers from employees and write them down. Or make a visit to the store and get a printed copy of what you want and take it home with you.

I also let customers use our computers to place their orders in the store as well. You only have to wait a few minutes for the online system to send the information to our system, however, on occasions, it sometimes get's back up and takes a bit longer.

Then add them to your shopping cart. The thing to remember is that the employees who answer the phone when you call the online system do not have the same training as the employees in the store.

Sounds like the person online was selling you the premium part while the local store stocked the economy part. You get what you ask for.

Advance Auto Parts Reviews