Durham, North Carolina
4.0

Went into store to purchase oil change special using coupon. A Latina female receive me at counter.

I show her the coupon and placed my order. She would not make eye contact as well as to try to get me to get the kind of oil she thought was best rather than honoring the oil i request. All responses was short and unfriendly after i refused her suggestion. I was told i had to purchase "only the 5 gal qts and could not get 5 individual qts.

I ask her why and she replied we can't sell individual qts using this coupon. I was unhappy the way she said that to me as well as with her explanation.

My record shows that that i have been a many year customer, but after this occasion, i do not plan to shop there any longer. I thought you might want to know how some customers might experience the same unfriendliness.

Product or Service Mentioned: Advance Auto Parts Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Advance Auto Parts Cons: Customer service.

Comments

Hello, i work for advance auto parts in Orange, Virginia. I can understand your pain, You can buy the 5 individual quarts because it recognizes that 5 quarts have been purchased.

The filter thing can become a problem due to the fine print, at a certain price, the deal becomes void and you have to get a cheaper one to make the deal work. I'd advise you to talk to the manager about the employee and file a complaint.

As a former Advance employee, I can testify that yes, she could have sold you the 5 individual quarts at a discount. Either she lied, or she was misinformed.

Advance Auto Parts Reviews