Evans, Georgia

Stopped at the Advance auto parts in Martinez Ga today to purchase two of the 8d truck batteries for my truck.They didn't have them in stock,but said the store in Evans Ga had them.Arrived at the Advance store in Evans Ga to find out that the batteries that they had in stock were a year old.Buying batteries that have been sitting on the shelf for a year is something that i normally would never do,but the manager(brian) said that because of the age he would sell them as used( $40 each) and see if they would hold a charge.The store was somewhat busy so I waited for about an hour for the counter guy that goes by the name of John to take care of the rush.When John finished helping all the restless customers( with no help from brian the manager) he went to check and sell me the batteries.All of a sudden brian the manager changes his mind,and say's he will only give me 20% off and that he was not going to (honor) the price that he had told me only one hour before,and in front of the counter person.I could not believe what i heard come out of this persons mouth.If brian is the type of management that Advance employs,i feel bad for Advance,because as a customer i most likely wont be back to spend any of my money because of the way the store manager brian does business ,and i am sure i will be letting a few of my friends know how customers are lied to and treated at the Evans Ga store.

Product or Service Mentioned: Advance Auto Parts Customer Care.

Reason of review: Lied to my face.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Poor management skills