2.2

Beware of Advance Auto. The scam works like this: I purchased what was being advertised as a LIFETIME WARRANTY alternator assuming that it would be of very high quality.

It didn't last 3000 miles before failing. Of course they cheerfully replaced it with another LIFETIME WARRANTY alternator for free except NOT the LABOR to install which was more than the alternator. So now I have an unreliable sub standard alternator in my car because I made the mistake of choosing Advance Auto in spite of warnings.

Their LIFETIME WARRANTY doesn't make their products any less sub standard. Don't make the mistake that I did.

Product or Service Mentioned: Alternator.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Warn other people so they don't get ripped off..

Advance Auto Parts Cons: Cheap junk with a lifetime warranty is still cheap junk.

• Advance Auto Parts Online Store
  • advanced auto complaint
  • Advance Auto Alternator

Comments

I used to get this all the time when I worked there. Don't get me wrong I could complain all day about the place but most likley you have something else wrong with the car than the alternator.

The chances of more than one alternator being defective is very very slim. Theres a number of other issues than can cause the alternator to go bad.

My guess is that your original was fine until something else caused it to fail. This happens with a lot of parts.

You know all the part houses carry the same products, right??.. Motorcraft, Denso, Delphi, AC Delco..

That's what you're getting in that box. Don't be sour kid, *** happens, nothings perfect.

Advance Auto Parts Reviews