2925 S Federal Hwy, Stuart, FL 34994, USA
Featured Not resolved

I brought 4 deep cycle marine batteries into advance auto parts, 2 that I purchased from advanced 30 days ago and 2 that were older not purchased from advance (all hooked up to my boat and charge and discharge at the same rate) 30 days ago I wanted to replace all four and advanced check the batteries and said only 2 need replacing which I mistakenly did.

Today (30 days after purchase of two) Advanced checked the batteries one was completely discharged, and the others were at different levels of charge but apparently still good. I told Bob the manager I wanted to replace all, exchange the two I purchased 30 days ago because one was completely discharged the other was fine and the other two were at different levels of charge. In other words, all of them were at different levels of charge.

If all the batteries are hooked up to the same charger they should all be at the same level. One month ago when I wanted to replace all of them I should not have been advise to only replace the two that there diagnostic equipment said were good, in fact, all deep cycle batteries that are run together should always be replaced together.

Bob the store manager would not exchange the two batteries I bought just one month ago and told me I should call advance auto parts customer service line, he gave me a phone number I called them from the store. Apparently Bob could've called also (entering store code) if he understood customer service instead I was passed from different departments to different departments and then to customer service that was overwhelmed and hung up on me after being on hold for a minute or two.

After that, Bob the store manager said he cannot make the exchange and to call the store manager during the daytime.

The customer service from Bob the evening store manager and from advance auto parts was simply repulsive.

From a lifelong advance auto parts customer but not anymore!

Product or Service Mentioned: Autocraft Marine Battery.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Advance Auto Parts Pros: Overall good products.

Advance Auto Parts Cons: Treated like crap.

Comments

Take better care of your stuff. It's not the stores fault that you cant take care of the batteries.

Advance Auto Parts Reviews