Hampton, Virginia

As a longtime customer with Advance Auto Parts I have always received good customer service, assistance and explanation but there is one location in Hampton, VA that I wish I could avoid at all cost but due to the close proximity of my home it’s the most reasonable to visit. Advance Auto Parts has the best warranties on their parts and on the particular part I wanted to return it held a lifetime warranty.

I went to the store location to have the part tested but the testing equipment was not working. The store clerk told me that it was not her problem and she would not honor my lifetime guarantee warranty. After a lengthy exchange the store clerk told me to take the part to the nearest auto part store that could print a report and I could bring it back for the exchange. I did just that within 30 minutes and was denied.

The clerks attitude was horrible.

I then simply decided to drive 20 miles out to the next Advance Auto Parts store. At the Newport News location I was greeted and serviced very well and quickly along with the service I received a sincere apology from the staff at the Newport News store as they often have customers come into their store with the same complaints about the same clerk.

Product or Service Mentioned: Advance Auto Parts Warranty.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments