1117 N Main, Elizabethtown, KY 42701, USA

On Sunday October 7, 2018 I purchased a Hub Bearing (front driver side) for my 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4. We put this new bearing on my vehicle, and everything looked and worked as it should, for only about 35-40 miles.

The NEW hub bearing i purchased and put on the truck not even 2 hours prior locked up, and my wheel was to the point of falling off by the time i was able to *** the truck 50ft off of the highway into a gas station parking lot. i had to buy another new bearing. I took the FAULTY bearing back to the store. i did not want a replacement part- especially from the store that gave me a *** up one to begin with.

I WANTED MY MONEY BACK. The store manager refused to give me a refund because the part had been put on my truck, even with it being under warranty. I am absolutely pissed off. Had i not realized something wasn't and stopped, I would have been in seriously hurt or worse if I my wheel fell of while i was going 55mph.

THEN I WOULD SUE ADVANCE AUTO.

REFUND ME MY MONEY , AND YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO KEEP A LOYAL CUSTOMER. IF NOT, I WILL NEVER PURCHASE A THING, NOT EVEN AN AIR FRESHNER FROM ADVANCED AUTO ANYWHERE.

Product or Service Mentioned: Advance Auto Parts Warranty.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

First you did say 4x4 correct? If so no matter how bad bearing gets, wheel cannot fall off unless the axle nut is removed. As to suing advance, as my district manager says, "tell 'em to sue away, Advance has plenty of money to fight 'em"

Couldn't even get the title up there without a misspelling eh? Yeah we value your opinion.

Policy clearly states that defects will be replaced like for like. You bought another part so you voided there warranty.

Good luck with getting cash back, perhaps you might win, hopefully you bought a MOOG part and not one of the 1 yr brand warranties that they sell. If so then you got what you paid for.

Advance Auto Parts Reviews