These past few months I’ve had calls to spend more time at advanced auto parts than I ever have before in my life. It’s just been one break down after another with my 96 Toyota Camry.

It was the closest store to me, and it being my only vehicle, it was the only one available for replacement parts. Unfortunately I had no way of knowing at the outset that this would leave me screwed. These past few months I’ve had cars just been more time at advanced auto parts than I ever have before in my life. It’s just been one break down after another with my 96 Toyota Camry.

It was the closest store to me, and it being my only vehicle, it was the only one available for replacement parts. Unfortunately I had no way of knowing at the outset that this would leave me screwed. Every single order that I ever placed through their online website was incorrect went picked up from the store. Either it wasn’t the part that I had ordered, or it was misrepresented on the site.

Their vehicle fitment feature was wrong better than half the time, even. In most cases I was in a situation where I had no way to know whether or not they’re experts were correct until I had returned home and attempted to install the part. Only once was I lucky enough to be in a situation where I could take the old part with me to verify, and in that case the part was missing several of the crush washers that were advertised to have come with it. Another 10 the part that was advertised as being brand new was actually covered in rust.

To the point that even the employee said something, but as I had no other alternative and needed to put myself back on the road as quickly as possible to make a living, I had to except it. The final straw came, when I had to purchase a new multi meter. Again, I needed it quickly and so went to advanced and simply hoped for the best as you normally do when it comes to this organization. To use the meter required that I go home and disconnect my battery and so forth.

And I did so. Only to discover that it didn’t even work. Not once. I had foreseen this and only made a small slit in the back of the packaging so as not to make it any harder on myself on the return.

Unfortunately the return was not to take place as the store refused. They claim they wouldn’t do that for electrical parts as it was a safety hazard. A safety hazard? It doesn’t work...

The only way you could possibly be a safety hazard is if they try to resell it again to someone. LIKE THEY DID TO ME! I called customer service, who looked at my order history and I’m sure saw the thousands of dollars that I had spent there in the past few months I was moved up the tiers of support until I got as far as I could. That person was actually very nice but informed me that it really came down to the manager of the store.

And she called the store herself to try and find out what his problem was. When she returned to the phone, she was nonplussed. Was actually very exasperated at the man’s attitude and unwillingness to make it right. But there was nothing that she could do about it, she said.

To take it from me folks, if you want A part that is what you ordered, on time, with all of the accoutrements that it supposed to have, and actually functions as advertised .... find somewhere else. Because even if you can prove wholeheartedly that any of these feelings occurred they’ll just refuse. “You’ve spent thousands with us?

I see that. You only want a working model of this last broken meter we sold you?

Tough. Kick rocks.”

Product or Service Mentioned: Advance Auto Parts Manager.

Comments