2.5
Turnaround Time

Over Labor Day Weekend, I was visiting my Fiance in her college town and my battery died.It was Saturday evening and all of the nearby dealerships were closed for the holiday and would not reopen until Monday.

I had to leave by Sunday, so I considered going to Advance Auto to get my battery replaced there instead of at the dealership, where I go for the majority of my car work. This turned out to be a HUGE MISTAKE! After the Store Manager, "Robbie," installed the battery incorrectly (even after I made the remarks that it looks like he was putting the + terminal to the + wire) and sparks shot out everywhere from underneath my hood. My car alarm started blaring every time he touched the the battery to the wires.

Finally, I asked him to stop and we reassessed the situation and he re-installed it correctly. Note: I am not very keen when it comes to the electrical system in a car, so I hadn't realized the amount of damage Robbie had just caused. When I went to turn on my car, even with the new battery it wouldn't start. All of the warning lights were turned on in my dashboard and we had to jump my car to get it over to a small, local auto shop that happened to be open that weekend.

They determined that the main fuse had been blown on my car and if it hadn't done it's job, then my car's entire electrical system could have been ruined. The total to fix my car was around $1000.00. I had to bring it to two dealerships after to get other work and diagnostics ran on it as well. I tried filing a claim through advance auto parts regarding this issue and they completely BLEW ME OFF!

They wouldn't believe my story, denied my documentation, which EXPLICITLY showed the issues caused, and they took the Store Manager's word over mine. I have been a long term customer of AAP for over 10 years now and I have never had a single issue with them or their integrity. I am extremely disappointed that this happened and how the corporate office handled it. Unless this issue is ever resolved, which I have low hopes for, then I will be using AUTO ZONE from hereon.

PLEASE BEWARE!

They do not know how to properly install batteries in Import vehicles!!!This occurred at the store on 1048 N Main Street in Marion, VA 24354.

Review about: Advance Auto Parts Car Part Replacement.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Rude staff and warranty, Poor customer services, Manager, Lack of integrity.

Comments